DARK UNDERARMS CAUSES TREATMENT AND PREVENTION
Underarms can get dark due to various causes. Finding out the causes of underarms darkening is the first step towards treatment. Various modalities are available for dark underarms treatment . Right knowledge would help make right decision.
CAUSES OF DARK UNDERARMS
- Direct application of deodorants and perfumes spray to skin over underarms can lead to underarms darkening. Never apply deodorants directly on skin. Spray it on clothes over waistline. Fumes anyways rise up and to spread fragrance everywhere.
- Never ever use hair removal creams. They kill hair by denaturing protein. That means they are very strong chemicals which when applied on skin can trigger skin darkening. Those who are sensitive, skin darkening may happen in first use itself. In some, underarm darkening may happen after few applications.
3. Obesity: Yes, excessive weight gain may lead to a condition called acanthosis nigricans. Acanthosis nigricans leads to skin thickening and darkening at skin folds like underarms, neck groin etc. Work towards weight reduction. Weight reduction would automatically lead to skin lightening.
- Excessive sweating: People who are exposed to hot and humid climate sweat a lot more in underarm region. Constant wet skin lead to skin darkening. try using sweat pads . Sweat pads are applied on inner side of clothes at underarm region . They are disposable absorbent sheets which are discarded after one use. Sweat pads keeps the skin dry. Thus reducing the chances of underarm darkening.
TREATMENT OF DARK UNDERARMS:
- Keep the region dry as far as possible by either using sweat pads etc. or wiping it off with a dry tissue frequent times day.
- Opt for laser hair removal. No hair means no sweat accumulating in that region. Also laser itself leads to skin lightening. Get it done by a clinic using US FDA approved laser. Cheap laser is not recommended. Also a dermatologist supervision is very important to get desired results. Right energy levels delivered give results .
3. One can opt for few sessions of peel off peels (three sessions done at two weeks interval) done by a dermatologist. When topmost dead layers peel off the accumulated pigment also peels off along with it. thus subsequent sessions leads to skin lightening.
4. Skin lightening creams prescribed by a dermatologist containing – glycolic acid, hydroquinone and retinoids would help. Never ever use skin lightening creams without a doctor’s recommendation. For many of them contain steroids. Steroids give initial lightening but would ultimately lead to permanent skin darkening. thus using right creams is of paramount importance.
Do subscribe our channels for more information :
SUBSCRIBE YOUTUBE (ENGLISH): https://bit.ly/2C9NPd3
SUBSCRIBE YOUTUBE (HINDI): https://bit.ly/2DflwM1